Friday, March 16, 2012

Another Bandiversary

It occured to me this morning that it must be close to another bandiversary for me! It happened in March I'm sure. While I was trying to remember the date I realised I couldn't even remember the year! Has it been 3 years? 4 Years? So a quick check of my own blog - March 19th 2008. It's coming up on 4 years!

What a crazy busy four years it has been. Band, Wedding, Baby... oh my! Reflecting on my band now, it really plays such a small part in my life. I have very little fill but I still know it's there, especially when I decide to indulge in some fluffy bread or god forbid a burger! I know I could do with a fill some days as I can get hungry. But at the same time I'm maintaining at this weight and although I would love to be 15kgs lighter and a size 12, maybe I'm just meant to be a size 16 and 86ish kgs. It's manageable. It's not a big deal if for any reason (cranky kid) I don't get to the gym one week. This may change at some stage - but right now... dare I say it... I'm happy with how I am.

It's also our 2nd wedding anniversary coming up on the 20th of this month. We are taking each other out to Rockpool for dinner tomorrow night. I can't wait. Seriously. I can't wait. Wish we were going tonight!

I'm still tossing up on the new blog v this blog. I'm leaning towards a new one for a pretty simple and selfish reason. Longtime readers of this blog may recall that no-one outside my immediate family know about our lapbands. And I still don't really want it out there amongst our friends, but I'd like our friends to get into my blog. So you see, a new one - with no focus on the ol' lapband is really the only way to combat that. Plus the title of this blog kinda just spells it out in the title doesn't! haha. So I hope when the time comes and if I decide to move to a new blog that all my 50 followers (especially the few that comment!) will follow me!


8 comments:

  1. I totally understand your reservations in telling folks (I've only told two, one of which I kind of wish I hadn't told), and it makes perfect sense that you would want folks you know to read your blog too! With that in mind, I would probably go the new blog route were it me wanting to create another one (as for me, I hardly have time for my one as evidenced by my lack of posts in the past millennium!). Especially with your baby girl, you definitely would want friends you know to experience with you her growth and development and funny and cute moments!

    Whatever you decide is fine by me though! I mainly wanted to comment to tell you Happy Bandiversary and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow :o)

    Congrat on the four years!! And the two years of wedded bliss :p time sure does fly. I realized the other day that next week I have my two year bandiversary, and hat is just bizarre :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will follow also :). Wow a year already for the little one huh? My little guy is 8.5 months old. Time does fly doesn't it. Glad to hear you are doing well. My weight is finally almost back down to where I was at my all time low with the band 166.2 as of yesterday and 162 was the lowest I ever saw before I got pregnant the first time a month after my band :(. So heres to onwards and downwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 4 years, you have achieved a lot in that time! The best thing is your attitude, you seem really relaxed and happy with where you are, that is fantastic.

    If you get a new blog I will definitely follow too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could be me. Seriously. Age. Weight. Crazy. I had deja vu readnig this post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 4 years of LB and wedding bliss!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi there! i just found you as i have been researching getting a lap band and couldnt believe how similar our stories were. i lost 30kgs with WW and gained it all back quickly, plus some, and now i am 118.5 kilos and i desperately want a baby with my husband, and fear it will never happen. i am 33 years old. i am in melbourne... i am really considering the lap band procedure and you are a massive inspiration to me. thank you for your blog. donna xo

    ReplyDelete