Friday, February 20, 2009

80's gal

Howdy doodies!

I'm pleased to announce that I am back into the 80's!  Yes despite the cocktails, coke and fried rice, I managed to lose weight while we were away! It may have to do with being sick (AGAIN!) for the last couple of days we were in Phuket. Stupid headcold and cough, which severly affected my appetite and even when I did eat, I was full after 2 mouth fulls. Unfortunately have found my appetite since I got back!! GB put on over a kilo while away but has taken most of it back off again since we got back on Monday. For the first time since we began this journey - I weigh less than him! It's a good feeling.

GB's mates are doing the half ironman triathlon in Busselton in May. He's always been interested in trying a triathlon or some such and there's a chance that the 3rd team member doing the swim may pull out. So GB has put his hand up in the event he does. Thought he better see if he can actually swim 1.8kms so we went to the pool after work on Wednesday night. Hopped into the big people's pool (50m), adjusted our goggles and we were off! Last time I tried to seriously do laps in the 50m pool was when I was doing Weight Watchers a couple years ago. Made it halfway up and nearly died. Was pleasantly surprised to note that this time, I covered the first 50m fairly comfortably. I alternated laps between freestyle and breaststroke. Lost count toward the end but I think I did either 14 or 16 laps (700 or 800m) in about 30mins. I'd had enough after that but GB was intent on doing the 36laps he needed. So I toddled to the shops to pick up some vegies for dinner and came back to pick him up. He did it alright. Not beating any speed records - it took 57mins but he still did it. I'm so proud of him. Poor bugger was light headed and dizzy by the end! So he'll get the definate Yay or Nay to it by next week and if it's a Yay will go into some heavy training.

How weird is this. All of a sudden my app store on my iphone has changed the currency to Yen! What the hell? Any ideas on how to fix this? Google is not helping.

I have also entered the world of Twitter which for those of you who don't know about it, you basically just constantly update your status. You can follow other people's twitters too. Like I'm following Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher - seriously!!! If any of you are on it, you can find me here - http://twitter.com/emmaf106

Anyhoo, will catch up with everyone's blogs soon!

Em :)

5 comments:

  1. Great to hear you had a good holiday...minus the couple of sick days of course!! I really must get up and check out the indoor pool....I need to exercise more!!
    I don't do Twitter or Facebook or any of that stuff. I can't keep up with my blogging half the time!! I was on Facebook ages ago but erased it because I got sick of people "poking" me and sending me farking fish for my aquarium!!! lol, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo welcome to the 80's. Good on you!
    Keep up the great work.
    You holiday sounds like you had a fun time even with being sick.

    Cheers Tina:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Em! Sounds like you had a fab time (despite the sickness!!). And yay for you getting in the 80s! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete