Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Break

[caption id="attachment_460" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Westie's new hiding & sleeping spot... under the xmas tree!"][/caption]

Ok so there's simply  no point in jumping on the scales over christmas! Too many parties etc. That's not to say I won't be eating/drinking in moderation and trying to keep up some exercise -  because as we all know, it's a lifestyle not a diet. But I just won't be as nazi psycho as I normally am during the week. I'm going to give myself a break from the scales until Jan 1 (to survey the damage!) and hope that I can retain a modicum of sensibility! I'm also on call for fires over xmas & new year so if I get called out my control over food and exercise will disappear! Band wise... I can eat pretty much anything (including a whopper with cheese which I had on Saturday!) which is so not cool. My next fill appt is 20 Jan and I'll seriously have to give some thought about some more fill - just so concerned about during TTOM when I can feel the reflux beginning.

Went for a swim last night. Was going to try for an hour but I was busting for the loo so had to call it a day at 1500m (30 laps of 50m pool)  in just under 45mins. I was stuffed! Shoulder started to ache at about the 1.2km mark but held up ok.

Thanks for your comments too, you know I love em!

Anyway, if I don't pop in beforehand, I hope you all have a fantastic christmas and happy holidays.

Em :)

5 comments:

  1. I also had a junior whopper small meal on Sunday hehehe oh well

    you have a fantastic christmas too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will do just fine over Christmas...you then have the wedding to refocus you!!! I absolutely love your dog Westie...too cute. Have a great Chrissy...think of me on liquids!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em: thanks for your comment on my blog. You are a hero of banding, keep up the great work!!!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great Christmas Em. I do hope that it;s a quiet fire season this year. We've had enough.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Em,
    Just wanted to wish you and your man a very Merry Christmas too if I haven't done it already.

    Lets just get through this Christmas period together - glurk.. its not going to be fun scales wise. I jumped on this morning and recorded my lowest weight yet, 28 kilos gone (85.3 whoooo) and I am looking so much slimmer - but today? Today I will probably wreck it all as it's Xmas eve..sigh.. so next week we jump back on that bandwagon!!!!

    Great job on the swimming - hate those arm aches - I remember them well - like it's deep inside the muscle.. ouch!!
    Your little pooch is such a cutie - love the new hidey spot.
    Have a lovely day.. from this end of Perth to yours..
    Cara xxxx

    ReplyDelete