Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blech

Hey guys,
Sorry for the delay between posts, been busy with work and life.. you know how it is! Anyway just to let you all know I saw Dr Bowater (who frankly is a bit of a sanctimonious twat) who agreed to put in .5ml fill. Not much change though which is a shame. Got another appointment at the end of May so will get in another .5ml. I'm taking it easy because I don't want to get to the same probs I was having before. He did give me this nugget of information in curing those 3pm sugar cravings. Red Wine. Apparently red wine actually will satiate you whereas white wine makes you want to eat and chocolate is.. well.. not good for you. Unfortunately I can't stand red wine, also not sure how the boss would like me sitting in my office with a vino! Anyway, it may help others so I'm putting it out there.

This week I'm finally starting to feel a bit better (7 weeks of being sick is really farking frustrating). Still got a sniffle and a bit of a cough but I'm down to using my puffer only once a day which is great. I'm on a mission to work out 5 times this week. Managed 3 trips to gym last week plus pilates once. Not at full steam though. Yesterday I did my HRM program on the bike for 30mins and burned 300cals which is pretty good. Was planning to get back to the C25K program but got a solid headache with about 10mins to go on the bike so talked myself out of it. Spewing a bit about the running. I'm doing the HBF Run for a reason in a couple of weeks - doing the 4.5km and wanted to run the whole thing, but doubt I'll be able to do it now. Will give it a red hot go of course though!

Oh the half ironman. GB was amazing as were all our friends. He would have been happy to finish in under 6.5hrs but was aiming for 6hrs 5mins. He did it in 5hrs 50mins! And that was with a shithouse start to the morning when 10mins before his swim was about to start, his wetsuit zip broke. This meant he had to swim in the freezing ocean in just his tri suit. More than anything it messed with his mind, he was fuming still after the 1.9km swim! And it wasn't near his best time for that distance either. But he made up for it with a blinder in the 90km ride and a solid 21km run. I made signs to hold up as they went past - will post some pics when I get them from our friend. The other boys who did it did well too. 1 did it in 5hrs 36 and the other in 6hrs 20. My friend from highschool, Alison, has been sick for 6 weeks too and managed to do it in 5hrs 37. She's phenomenal! Unfortunately GB and one of the other guys ended in the medic tent on completion which was a bit scary when we couldn't find them for an hour. We went in there to find his mate laying on the floor and GB on a bed, wrapped in space blankets and looking very pale. Apparently they were really dehydrated (GB forgot to apply sunscreen and got burnt and heat stroke) and started vomiting. GB had a needle in his leg to stop the vomiting (he complained more about how sore he was from the needle than the actual event!). They were both dizzy and had the shakes. After a couple of hours though they were feeling a lot better and against the doc's advice still had a couple celebratory beers. They all pulled up amazingly well too.

GB's next plan is a marathon - he's doing it as part of a team in the full ironman in December but might try the Perth marathon in June too. He's a machine. If you'd said 3 years ago at 127kgs he'd be doing triathlons and marathons he'd have laughed his arse off!

Anyway we had a fabulous 5 days away down south. Went and caught up with our wedding photographer who showed us these gorgeous but outrageously expensive wedding albums. We hummed and haa'd about it for a couple of days. Did some research on the net and couldn't find comparable albums any cheaper so decided to go for it. Our photos are slowly going up on the online gallery - hopefully they'll all be up by the end of this week so we can start designing the album.

And we've booked a trip to Sydney! Jetstar had a "friend flies for free" deal which meant we got 2 x return tix with extra baggage for about $430. Bargain. We'll be over for 10 days in November but will hopefully be visiting my aunty & uncle up past Port Macquarie for a few days too.

Bridal stuff back on our agenda with my sis getting married in 4months. We finally found our bridesmaid dresses on Saturday thank goodness. They're nice too - a one shoulder, full length number - unfortunately not on their website and we forgot to take pics. But my even more noticeable lumps and bumps made me realise I need to pull my finger out and drop this weight I've put on since the wedding!

Anyhoo, busy busy at work so must get back to it!



PS - My previous post was more a reflection on how I'd rather think I was pregnant than admit that I'm putting on weight because of what I was eating, as opposed to disappointment about not being pregnant. For the record, I'm off the pill but not trying to, or not trying to conceive. What will be, will be. But thanks for all the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Em...look at GB your little athlete...please let me come and visit you when you are in Sydney????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah love to catch up for lunch or coffee or something while I'm over there. Will touch base when time gets closer.

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey include me in that visit when you come to Sydney :-)

    ReplyDelete