Friday, October 9, 2009

Sad Panda


Yep this is me all right. Back over 80kgs. Remember the times I was sick of seeing 78? I miss those days! I know I have no-one to blame except myself though. My eating is out of control. Far too much chocolate, cheese, wine and coke. I'm always looking for food. I did get back to exercising this week though after a couple weeks off, so imagine the damage last week! I've started swimming again. GB is training for the swim leg in the Busselton Ironman so I'm going to try to swim once or twice a week with him. Unfortunately I took the crap goggles on Monday which kept filling with water which made getting into a rhythm pretty difficult as I had to keep stopping to empty them! Did cardio at the gym twice this week and then last night walked home from work (about 7.8kms in 1hr10mins) I "jogged" about 2kms of that. Hamstrings are sore today.

So next Friday will be fill day for shizzle.

Going to a friend's engagement party on Saturday night. Bought a maxi dress from Jeanswest and some new far too high heels to wear with it. Will try to remember to post pics. If I still fit into the bloody thing.

GB and I and two friends started a DSLR course on the basics of using a Digital SLR camera. Learned all about F stops, focal length, shutter speed - information on which I have retained nothing! But doing location shoot on Sunday so looking forward to putting it into practice and hope it all sinks in there. If I get any nice pics I will post them.

Also, on Sunday October 18 I will be participating in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes, an event that raises money to fund vital research into finda a cure for type 1 Diabetes. If you would like to donate (donations over $2 are tax deductible) please visit my personal walk website.

OK off to catch up on all your blogs now.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh what a bummer!! And we were all hoping somehow the blow-out would't show..
    But on the plus side, you've upped your exercise again. Great that you are swimming and brilliant that you are doing the walk. I've done it before (The diabetes one.. I have a son with type one..) but can't get there this year. Double bummer.

    ReplyDelete