Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Monday-itis

So the weekend was good. I'm PB-ing a lot more that I want to be. I'm pretty sure I can put this down to being gutsy. Especially when you're talking to someone and just not thinking about what is going on in your mouth. It's a big learning curve - el-banderino. GB and I went out for dinner on Friday night for our fortnightly splurge. We went to the Must wine bar in Highgate. There was already a bit of a crowd around the bar and when we walked in we were asked if we wanted to go up to the Champagne Lounge. So off we troddle, through the locked door (seriously you need a code to get in) and up some stairs to this lovely, quiet lounge. The bartender up there told us they had one of the biggest selections of champagne in Australia and had 5 that you could buy by the glass. But if we wanted spirits or wine that was ok too. He went through them the champagnes by the glass one by one, with me nearly balking at the upward of $20 price per glass. They also had Dom Perignon by the glass at $50 each. Holy Schmoly. GB says to me, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And just as I'm about to say "Yeah the second one for $24 sounds nice", he says "It has to be the Dom!" WHAT THE??? I told him he was paying if that's the case! So we had a glass each and it was truly spectacular. If you have an opportunity to try it (without the $400 per bottle price tag), I highly recommend it. Dinner was downstairs in the dining area opposite the main bar. The meal was nice (if not slightly overpriced particularly when we're only eating half of what's on our plates!), but we found it too noisy for an intimate dinner for two.

Saturday GB went over to a friends place to help with more flooring stuff. I had a day to myself. Went to the gym for about an hour which was good. Then did some washing and had a shower and went to Garden City for a change. Decided I deserved a pedicure so off I toddled to Professionnail. Not very impressed. I love after a pedicure when you feel like you're walking on air and all tingly. Well this didn't happen. Didn't even get a very good foot massage. Oh well, my toenails look pretty. Then I went and did some grocery shopping and headed home. After hanging the washing on the line I headed to GB's friends place to catch up with the lads. His friend's girlfriend brought over the Wii she had just got and we played bowling (4 strikes in a row thank you very much!), tennis and golf. You actually have to make the movements! It was great fun that Wii thingamajig! This morning I saw on Sunrise, the gadget guy was showing a Wii game that had a step thingy and you could do exercises - it was like a personal trainer! hahaha technology today. At least these kids stuck in front of the tv all day are getting a bit of exercise now.

Sunday we had a family meeting/intervention at my mum's which is way to long a diatribe and stressfull to go into here but it had to be done. Afterwards we met the boys at the Gate pub and my sister and I shared a piece of cheesecake. And it was tasteless. Dammit, if I'm going to eat crap it should at least be tasty!!!

Well tonight we're off to the PT again. GB actually road his bike to work today. Not sure how bright an idea that was given that he's going to have to ride home after the PT session!!! Got a bit asthma-y last time so have my puffer with me for today.

I've been reading everyone's blogs that are on my sidebar and what a bloody inspiration you lot are! Sorry if I don't comment every time, but know that I am reading your blogs!

Ciao for now!

em :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, Dom - very nice! If you are going to splurge, you might as well do it right. Sucks that the cheesecake was ordinary - if you are going to have it, the least it could do is taste good.

    ReplyDelete